Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More adventures in chocolate

I have long been a fan of the fine boutique chocolates made by Artisan Confections in Arlington Virginia.
With my sisters current fascination with chocolate, I found myself signed up for a chocolate making class with her there.
I must say, I rank an evening of eating fine chocolate and drinking red wine right up there with some of my most favorite culinary adventures.
The class consisted of a brief introduction on where chocolate comes from (which was really interesting), some demonstration, and then just enough hands on.
At the beginning of the class we were greeted with a glass of wine and some samples of their wares. At the end of class we took home a ton of chocolate that I could not imagine eating having already consumed more chocolate than I normally eat in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment