Saturday, February 25, 2012

A surprise lesson in Lebanese cooking

About three weeks ago I was treated to a cooking class at the Lebanese Taverna. The friend that treated me, Gladys, is in a class I am taking on web design. The entire experience was fabulous. The evening consisted of appetizers of hommos, baba ghannouge, tabouleh and sambousck. Delicious Lebanese white and red wines flowed all evening. At each place on the table was a cutting board, knife, and recipes for the evenings menu. Instruction, demonstration and participation were all part of the night, concluding with eating every thing we made.

The Menu was...
Lentil Soup
Rice and chicken
Shakshouky
Mamoul

I enjoyed the meal so much I recreated the entire menu for my parents three days later.
All the specialty foods like rose water are conveniently available and for sale at the market where the classes take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment